I don’t know what you think, but I always like to work with music on in the background when I’m carpeting. It helps me to concentrate and I notice that I like it a lot more than the sound of silence. But I also do a lot of projects at different worksites, so I know how important it is to have a battery charger on hand for all kinds of tools. So I thought: Wouldn’t it be nice if you could have a device that not only could charge batteries, but also act as a radio in order to provide some well needed relaxation of entertainment? Well I found it, it’s the DEWALT DC012 Worksite Charger/Radio. This is a very powerful device to have if you work for long periods of time away from power sources.
Different tools you’re going to use are going to need power, and you don’t want to worry about a project being slowed down because you don’t have access to one. This worksite charger eliminates all of these issues. You get the benefit of a worksite charger along with a worksite radio built into one. It really can’t get much better than this. Let’s take a look at some of the key features you’d be getting with this.
- The DEWALT DC012 Worksite Charger/Radio enables you to charge 7.2V 18V battery packs for up to an hour.
- There’s an Am/FM digital tuner that comes with an LCD display. There’s also a clock built in. You can use this as a cordless radio when you put in a 7.2V 18V Dewalt battery.
- There’s an AUX port so that you can connect a CD player, MP3 player as well as portable receivers with an audio cable.
- Different power outlets are included so that you can have versatility at different work sites.
What are some of the good points for this Dewalt Worksite Radio?
Product is made to look very tough
- With this Dewalt radio/charger you’re not getting something that’s going to look out of place on the worksite. You’re getting something that’s going to fit in well with whatever other equipment you have on the job. It doesn’t really even look like a radio in the traditional sense. When you first look at it you’re going to think it’s a straight up charger. This product is designed to look like it belongs and it does a good job of it. It will blend in quite well and not be a distraction at all.
Dewalt jobsite radio is well constructed
- If you’re going to have a charger/radio on the jobsite, then you certainly want to be sure that it’s going to be made strong. There are any number of things that can happen on a worksite to damage a device such as this. This is one of the main reasons why it’s a good idea to go with the Dewalt product line in this case. The product is well built and can take a little bit of punishment. Bumps of knocks against it here and there aren’t going to cause much problems at all. This item should continue to work just fine no matter how much it’s rattled around.
Makes use of Dewalt batteries when needed
- In order for you to use this tool you aren’t going to need to purchase some special type of batteries. You can use Dewalt batteries, some of which you probably already have. When you just want to use this as a radio especially the battery option is going to come in real handy.
Is able to charge batteries very fast
- This worksite charger wouldn’t be any good if it weren’t able to charge batteries up as fast as you needed it to. When you need a certain power tool to run because you don’t have a power source, you need to get it working ASAP. Well that won’t be a problem with this worksite charger. It’s able to power up batteries pretty fast. Plus the power strip is pretty useful as well. Other options on the market might not work for you nearly as fast.
Dewalt radio/charger is really easy to make use of
- When you first look at this product it’s going to seem like it’s really complex to use, but it isn’t. Dewalt has made this item simple to use as possible. There are only a few things you have to do in order to get it setup just as you want it. Changing stations is easy. The process of charging a battery is easy. The bottom line is using this product is hassle free and you don’t have to be an expert to get the most out of it.
Programming and setting the clock can be learned fast
- The programing for the station memory as well as setting the clock are not hard to do. There might be a small learning curve at first, but it’s very small. Once you’ve done it once you’ll be able to do it again easily in the future. One other thing, we found that showing other people (people who might be on a worksite with you) how to use this won’t frustrate you to death.
This Dewalt radio is very loud
- You might be worried that the radio isn’t going to be able to go up as loud as you need it, so that everyone can hear it. Loudness is important, because at a worksite power tools can easily drown out the sound of a radio. Well with this worksite radio the sound is pretty loud. Everyone should be able to hear it, even if they had on hearing protection or noise canceling headphones.
What are some of the negatives?
A bit heavier than expected
- Even though most people are going to like this Dewalt radio/charger, we feel that it’s a bit heavy. It would’ve been nice if the company could have found a way to make it a bit lighter.
This is a big, and slightly bulky battery charger that will come in handy at the worksite. The radio portion of it is just a bonus. The sound is pretty good, but it’s not always the crispest. You’ll like this product for sure and the price is quite good. Consider getting one now.